Ontario Physiotherapy Association - Call for Papers 2013
Proposals - Educational Sessions
The Ontario Physiotherapy Association (OPA) invites the submission of proposals for educational sessions. Presentations may involve other professionals, consumers, funders or government representatives.
Presentations must be related to one of the following Conference streams:
- Business and Physiotherapy
- Educational sessions may be up to 3 hours in length; please indicate the length of time of your session on the attached form.
- Handouts of the presentation are required and are the responsibility of the presenter.
- The title and names of the presenters of accepted submissions will be published in the event preliminary and on-site program.
- Please indicate audio-visual equipment needs upon submission. The following audio-visual equipment will be available at no cost to the presenter, provided it is requested on the attached form: screen, LCD projector and TV with DVD player.
- The InterACTION 2013 conference will be hosted at the Sheraton on the Falls hotel in Niagara Falls, Ontario. Reimbursement for travel and 1 nightís accommodation will be provided by OPA only for educational session presentations of two hours or longer.
- Proposals that are seen to be selling a specific product or are considered to be marketing-related will not be accepted.
- Presenters who are selected are strongly encouraged to register to attend the conference.
- Please submit proposals and abstracts by email to the OPA office at firstname.lastname@example.org. All proposals must be submitted in Microsoft Word format.
- If accepted, the conference presentation must cover the same content and follow the same outline as described in the proposal.
|NOTE: Please ensure submitted proposals follow the format, headings and specifications outlined by using the ATTACHED FORM. Proposals that do not meet the submission requirements will not be accepted.
Proposals must not be longer than 1000 words. Proposals must include all the subheadings in the sequence shown below:
Applicable Conference Stream: Identify the conference stream to which the presentation is related.
Learning Objectives: List up to three objectives describing the purpose of the presentation in terms of what attendees will learn.
Target Population: Define a specific physiotherapy sector (e.g. public, private practice, etc.) to which the presentation is targeted.
Description of Presentation Content: Provide an overview of what information will be included in the presentation.
Relevance to the Physiotherapy Profession: How is the information/topic relevant and important to physiotherapy?
Description of Supporting Evidence: Provide an overview of the references/literature that the topic is based on.
Conclusions and Implications: Provide concluding information and implications for the physiotherapy profession.
Review and Selection Process
Proposals will be evaluated by OPAís Education Advisory Committee through a blind review process and selected based upon predetermined criteria. The proposals will be reviewed for clarity, completeness of the submission, quality of the project, potential interest to participants, foundation in evidence and relevance to the conference streams. All selections are final.
Confirmation of Receipt of Proposals
Receipt of submissions will be acknowledged by email. Confirmation of receipt within five days of the submission deadline is essential to ensure the proposal is considered for inclusion in the InterACTION 2013 program. Proposal submitters who do not receive a confirmation within 5 days of submission are asked to contact Courtney Alexander at email@example.com.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO 11:59 P.M.,
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 16, 2012
- September 16, 2012 (Deadline extended): Proposals must be received via email at OPA.
- September 25, 2012: Presenters will be notified of the decision.
- October 31, 2012: Schedule information for the presentation will be sent to the designated author.
For more information, please contact:
Proposal Form - Click Here